Supervisor of Aquatics
YMCA of Cumberland
The YMCA of Cumberland is hiring a dynamic self-starter to join our team in a Supervisor capacity, supporting the Aquatics Department.
Why We’re Awesome:
Everything we do at the Cumberland YMCA is a part of our charitable mission and is directed at enhancing the quality of life in Cumberland County. We do this by providing facilities, leader development and value based programs for all ages and abilities.
The YMCA Experience:
At the YMCA we know that our ability to partner with others in our community is through the passion and dedication of our employees and volunteers. In joining the YMCA, you will become part of a dedicated network of individuals with great passion for providing a holistic support to the communities in which we serve.
A Day in the Life:
As the Supervisor of Aquatics, your principle responsibilities would include the implementation and facilitation of all Aquatics programming, promoting the building of healthy communities, as well as leading and organizing of the Aquatics team, while maintaining a safe, clean and friendly aquatics
1. Current NLS certification
2. Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C” certification
3. Current Lifesaving Instructor
– Participation in Comprehensive Group Benefits and Pension Program
– Individual & Family YMCA Membership
– Strong Work Life Balance Programs (i.e. Paid Personal and Vacation Days)
– Discounted Childcare and Camp Rates
This job might be for you if:
You’re good at/you have:
– Advanced Microsoft Office Skills
– Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple, competing deadlines and tasks
– Superior interpersonal and communication skills are essential to establishing and maintaining
harmonious working relationships
– Strong analytical skills and attention to detail in the resolution of issues, process improvement
– High level of initiative is needed to work independently and respond to unanticipated items
– Strong communication and presentation skills
– Schedule flexibility to accommodate variations outside of regular business hours, as needed
– Coaching and mentoring experience
Note: Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Record Check/Vulnerable Sector Check, Child Abuse Registry Check, and proof of valid First Aid and CPR training. Employees will be required to attend YMCA Child Protection Training.
Please email your cover letter and resume in one document to Laura Ashley Farrow, HFA@cumberland.ymca.ca. We look forward to hearing your story.
The YMCA of Cumberland is an equal opportunity employer that values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association. We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation. We encourage all applicants to self-identify.